Contact information

Skywarden,
Ursa Astronomical Association
Kopernikuksentie 1
00130 Helsinki
taivaanvahti(at)ursa.fi

Ursa Astronomical Association

0 observations and 0 comments in queue.

Only observations that have a description and at least one image attached.

All-sky aurora

4.11.2018 at 20.21 - 22.55 - Ikaalinen, Sisättö (IV)
Heidi Rikala, Ursa (Helsinki)

Huh! What a wonderful Northern Lights evening for a long time. The sky was full of repos when I came out of the sauna ... what else to do about it when I suddenly put clothes on and out in the yard with the camera. The SAR arc was also involved and I focused mainly on it. These were of the same type as the previous ones where the SAR arc was. Mainly on the southern side, next to the SAR arc, the Northern Lights spotted and a more even repo. It was then filmed, and when a beautiful dance began in the north, then at that point the lens was in fog, and then I didn't notice it - then diffuse i...

Images: 8 pcs • Comments: 9 pcs

Half-sky auroras

4.11.2018 at 19.00 - 23.30 - Akaa (IV)
Markku Ruonala

Be it an interesting northern lights play, long lasting, wide-ranging and active crowned by SAR. #sarg

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 5 pcs

Active aurora band

4.11.2018 at 20.10 - 23.00 - Kouvola (III)
Rauni Pakkala

From eight in the evening I happened to notice that a photographer buddy had updated the northern lights to be visible on fb. Camera raised, overalls around the neck and out. After all, bright green was visible from the crack of the clouds. In the meantime, I then had to perform a small transportation operation, but when I got home, the briskly moving lights were already visible in the clearer sky. New try. then I spotted something red in the pictures taken in the direction of the Milky Way, I assume the SAR arc. All in all, it looks like you're coming.

Images: 6 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Half-sky auroras

4.11.2018 at 21.00 - 22.50 - Lieto (IV)
Matti Helin, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

Sar showed up for quite some time tonight. It was difficult to describe in the south direction, where the lights of Turku flickered. Well, I got some kind of picture after all.

Comments: 3 pcs

Aurora rays

4.11.2018 at 22.00 - 00.00 - Tervakoski (III)
Reea Lunden

Unfortunately, I don’t remember many times sar started. However, Sar was well visible and the magnificent you come. #sarg

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Över hälften av himlen täckt av norrsken

4.11.2018 at 21.22 - 22.05 - Smedjebacken, Ruotsi (IV)
Malin Englund

I saw the green northern lights clearly and clearly with the naked eye. When I took a picture, I realized that it was more than green light and I danced with happiness as it was the first time the only time I caught a red light in a picture. It was also straight south. Long large arc across the sky with red light, å. Only in the north it was green. Total happiness :) #sarg

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Quiet aurora arc

4.11.2018 at 22.50 - 00.00 - Nokia (II)
Harri Hedman

Old observation from the archive, Possible SAR observation in Nokian Kulju. November 4, 2018 at The main image is facing west, as is the next. The last one is to the east. The redness was stronger in the western sky.

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Quiet aurora band

4.11.2018 at 21.49 - 22.35 - Nokia (II)
Harri Hedman

The SAR northern lights arc was really well visible. Photographed in Nokia in Suoniemi Kulju It was more visible in the West, perhaps due in part to less light pollution. image _C3A1282 is from a different point in the direction of the northwest .n 500m from other images.

Images: 4 pcs

Active aurora band

4.11.2018 at 21.50 - 22.40 - Aura (III)
Jukka Hilska, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

I noticed Peussa's Mikko's noise observation, so I had to dig the camera out of the closet and scratch out myself again, because a nice active and bright northern lights belt was found there, and in the beginning the SAR arc was left on the cell.

Images: 3 pcs

Auroras seen through breaks in the clouds

4.11.2018 at 22.00 - 22.30 - Mikkeli (II)
Aki Taavitsainen, Mikkelin Ursa

In the northern sky, a greenish northern lights gauze was visible from the clouds. As I shot south, I noticed that it was just the SAR arc it was there. The picture of a few came from the backyard, here is a piece of SAR arch.

Search result contains observations from time period 4.11.2018 klo 00.00 - 5.11.2018 klo 23.59.