Newest observations

Skywarden,
Ursa Astronomical Association
Kopernikuksentie 1
00130 Helsinki
taivaanvahti(at)ursa.fi

Ursa Astronomical Association

2 observations and 0 comments in queue.

Only observations that have a description and at least one image attached.

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.40 - 03.00 - Kemiönsaari (V)
Mikko Peussa, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

It was a play in that class, especially before three in the night, it really attracted attention, so that's the rating. There were night clouds from west to northeast. The brightest in the northern and northeastern directions. The last image is a gif animation from 01:00 to 01:30 and has 63 images. At the end of the animation, on the right side, can you see how the cloudboards cross, i.e. are they probably at slightly different heights or different distances from the observer? Great calm night and great experiences once again.

Images: 8 pcs • Comments: 4 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.57 - 02.40 - Helsinki (IV)
Pentti Arpalahti

The performance was well under way at midnight. I took field shots in less than an hour until 0.51. The show was between northwest and north and remained roughly in place. When I looked at the pictures while still half past three from the narrow view of the window to the north, the show just went on. There were long wide belts in the sky. The use of the highest spectacle categories was already under consideration. Two consecutive negays came to a fair credit.

Images: 7 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.43 - 02.00 - Laitila (V)
Pirjo Koski, Tampereen Ursa

Well!! It was time, the best Nights at your place: =) I had just recovered from Lepäinen, Uusikaupunki. I went to watch Friday thinking of the moon description of the place. After the filming, I got stuck sitting and wondering about the beauty of Finnish nature. And there were nice seating when the amps didn’t penetrate the ears and mouth like on the mainland. At that time, no norm was visible yet except for the clouds. As I drove home, I found that the norm of the bad guys is starting to cover the sky. It was about 24 o'clock at that time. In an instant, the north as well as the west beca...

Images: 8 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.30 - Kontiolahti (IV)
Satu Juvonen

Bright illuminating night clouds almost full of the sky. By the end of the night, the brightest belts were concentrated in the northeast.

Images: 6 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Noctilucent clouds visible between clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.15 - 01.20 - Ulvila (I)
Juha Ojanperä, Porin Karhunvartijat

Illuminating - and darkening night clouds in the Ulvila sky. The Sc ferry, stubbornly stuck in the sky, blocked the view of the sky quite effectively. Fortunately, however, there were openings in the cloud, and these openings had a view, especially to the north and south. There was also a small gap in the east. Night clouds were visible from the opening to the north and east. In the form of mainly belts, the shapes of the eastern night clouds are uncertain. Bright night clouds, color light blue-white. At the same time, a handsome anvil cloud silhouette was also visible on the very low northern...

Comments: 3 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.44 - 02.10 - Hamina (V)
Matias Takala, Kuopion Saturnus

I already went to see at 23.15 whether the night clouds would be visible and it was quiet, I thought that there would be a night again. However, shortly before 23.45, I went again and bonga from the northwest the dim night cloud belts. A little after midnight, it felt like they were starting to brighten up, so I went to the filming locations. Earlier in the day, I had mapped out the subjects of tomorrow’s lunar eclipse and at the same time thought about the night clouds with that eye. The first stop was Hamina City Hall (picture 2), where I think I got what I was looking for. Here, by the way,...

Images: 5 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.30 - 02.30 - Pieksämäki (IV)
Rauno Pakarinen

I noticed clouds from a webcam (Hankasalmi Observatory full sky image) at about 0:15. They must have been seen as soon as the twilight of pleasure began; were so bright! I took my own pictures in Pieksämäki; On the sandy beach mostly and the rest when I return home from the yard of the local City-Market. The clouds were very bright and might have even been categorized as “eye-catching,” but as a cautious man, I put it in a lower category. The brightest parts were visible in the northern sky and the eastern sky. Really distinctive belts and waves! The phenomenon then disappeared only near dawn ...

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.05 - 02.20 - Pori (IV)
Mikko Lönnberg

It was such a handsome night cloud last night that I had to really sweep the spider's webs off the camera and leave for a long time to shoot.

Images: 8 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 02.30 - Akaa (IV)
Markku Ruonala

This was definitely the best table setting of the summer so far. There was scope, brightness and great shapes. I didn't like the type of play, I ended up being bright, somewhat missing from the eye-catchers. The middle clouds disturbed the observation a bit, the rest was taken care of by the fatigue that came into the observer's eye, but could not control the two nights.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.30 - Kangasala (IV)
Jari Luomanen, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

The Beautiful Nights lit up the twilight sky as I was returning home from the boat. I strayed to photograph and admire the atmosphere of a summer night on a beach that still happened along the way.

Comments: 2 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.20 - 02.40 - Kouvola (V)
Tero Sipinen, Ursa (Etelä-Suomi)

What a wonderful night clouds! I joked about the positive night observation as the nightclubs flew in through the open back door throughout the evening. Fortunately, the illuminating night clouds also became a positive observation. Very positive. Inspired by the night clouds that came to my attention, I went to the yard to peek at the situation. The first thought was: Wow! The second thought was: Camera! At first the rating would be beer maybe bright / clear plus but improved later to be noticeable. The waves remained in the sky as the sleep deficit and impending early awakening drove the obse...

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

26.7.2018 at 00.30 - 03.30 - Espoo
Mikko Jaakkola

Tired I was already going to sleep, but I just couldn’t get some sleep (thankfully) and from the window I noticed that a few night clouds were in the sky. When I arrived at the scene after midnight, it was great to watch. The dark sky and bright night clouds created a spectacular contrast, and the reddish glow of the horizon also highlighted the view. The show was so gorgeous that it wasn’t until after three that we bothered to go back to sleep.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.30 - 02.50 - Urjala (V)

Stems in a clear and marble cloudy area, possibly from jets of jets?

Comments: 1 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.30 - 02.30 - Uusikaupunki (V)
Janne Kari, Porin Karhunvartijat

Very bright and illuminated night clouds visible throughout the night twilight. I stopped filming at about 2:30 a.m. when the northeast rolled over on a cloudy mound. EDIT: The description was "disturbed" by an otter that pulsated for half an hour right next door and broke the calm water surface. It was hard to hold the poke when it growled. Low quality noisy video here: https://youtu.be/Cn2kIQLis9U

Images: 5 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 01.15 - Ilmajoki (IV)
Mauri Korpi, Lakeuden Ursa

By midnight, signs of illuminating night clouds began to appear. As the night faded, the show improved and the scope was revealed; night clouds almost all over the sky! There is also some ordinary cloud in the sky, as well as an airplane abandonment. In the west-northeast sector, the night clouds began from the horizon, in the east the horizon was free of clouds to a height of about 20 degrees, and to the south, of course, in the shadow of the earth. The first image to the north, the second to the northeast and the third to the south, where the so-called summer triangle visible.

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - 03.30 - Vaasa (IV)
Tommi Järvilehto, Vaasan Andromeda

Finally a relatively dark and rather winding play. The biggest I've seen. Reached well over half the sky to the south. Appropriately clouds on the horizon of the sun obscuring the sky. 40min gif animation to the east.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 01.30 - Turku (V)
Jari Rajala

I dug details of the most beautiful illuminating night clouds of the year. The details, there are often enough of them. Timelapse video of clouds often flowing beautifully. Link to my video taken on 10.7> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96mdXzju6zk

Comments: 1 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.52 - 03.22 - Mikkeli (IV)
Juhani Mänttäri, Ursa (Helsinki)

I started observing the cottage pier at 1.52pm, when the night clouds were already handsome. I continued to observe as long as the clouds were visible.

Images: 8 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.52 - 01.25 - Turku (IV)
Georg Kieninger

Stir! Clearly visible night clouds to the north and to zenith. Report and pictures later. Added on July 26, 2018: was an unusually handsome and long-lasting play. I myself ended the shooting tour at 01:30 (it's a working day ...) but according to other reports, the night clouds were still visible for about an hour. The night clouds remained in place all the time, i.e. in the north, and also branched somewhat to the northwest.

Images: 7 pcs

Clearly visible night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - Turku (III)
Leimu Laine, Turun Ursa

Elongated gauze night clouds. Against the clear sky was well visible.

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.51 - Äänekoski (IV)
Miko Parantainen

The first time I tried to photograph night clouds. In the northeastern and northern skies, night clouds have been photographed.

Images: 2 pcs

Clearly visible night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - 02.50 - Sysmä (III)
Arja-Sisko Airila, Ursa (Etelä-Suomi)

Illuminating night clouds in the northern and northwestern skies. The northeast was in the cloud, so that part was not seen. Increasing Cloudiness began to cover the sky anyway. Photos direction north and northwest 1. 01:07, 2. 01:11. Edit. In Sysmä, the sky went to the cloud, but a clear night cloud belt in the middle of the sky at 02:46 was still visible from the cloud.

Images: 3 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.54 - 01.50 - Rantasalmi (IV)
Olli Selin, Lahden Ursa

I noticed from the Jete Lyytinen update that there are clouds. And not when shooting and taking a series .. Here are a couple of pictures.

Images: 2 pcs

Clearly visible night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 02.00 - Salo (III)
Leena Suomela

Illuminating night clouds. Photo taken with a cell phone camera, not very good quality.

Images: 2 pcs

26.7.2018 at 02.15 - 02.30 - Aura
Jukka Hilska, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

Around the two we had to take a look out and on the west side there were a few belts and gauze, so according to the camera I was looking for a nice cool night air, in the north-northeast there were 'slightly' brighter clouds

Bright night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.50 - 02.30 - Kuopio (IV)
Juha Tonttila, Warkauden Kassiopeia

Probably quite fair to say that was the finest show on these characters for many years. At least for myself. The clears were already in the beginning, but the best part only came sometime after 1 p.m. At its best, the sky was an incomprehensible-looking blend of electric blue and evening / dawn brown. E: checked start time and put more pictures.

Images: 4 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.54 - Porvoo (IV)

When driving from Helsinki to Porvoo, sharp and bright clouds caught our attention.

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.10 - 01.30 - Mäntyharju (V)
Jukka Kytömäki

This came straight from the north. I was a little drunk. Now the camera swayed in the rag. But the pictures came appropriately. Can't handle this until morning.

Images: 5 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.16 - Turku (IV)
Paula Mattila

After a week in the north, I wondered how the sky would get dark so early here. nicer. The show probably lasted longer but the day's long journey was exhausting and the dream tasted good.

Images: 2 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 02.30 - Tampere (IV)
Tapio Lahtinen, Tampereen Ursa

By far the brightest show of the summer. Timelapsevideo.

Clearly visible night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.30 - Jyväskylä (III)
Markku Nykky

As July draws to a close, it has been the custom, if you wake up at night, to look out the kitchen window at the north sky in the hope of night clouds. Last night, they were waiting for me, so the sleep sands quickly disappeared from my eyes and soon I was on a night-dewed lawn with a tripod and a camera.

Clearly visible night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.20 - 01.00 - Ilmajoki (III)
Marko Myllyniemi, Lakeuden Ursa

Even at midnight, nothing was visible in the sky and I was about to leave the nega, but a "follow-up check" twenty minutes later was already bearing fruit, as the sky showed a fairly wide area of illuminating night cloud (as well as normal cloud cover). The initial images also show the overflight of the overflight aircraft.

Images: 8 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - Puumala (V)
Ari Rotonen

The first illuminated night clouds I saw this summer, and it was an impressive sight. I don’t remember seeing such clear and wide illuminating night clouds before. Pictures have been flicked on a cell phone. The clouds didn’t fit in a single image, so I had to take three. I also tried the panoramic image, but it was underexposed.

Images: 3 pcs

Clearly visible night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.30 - 01.00 - Mäntyharju (III)
Markku Siljama, Ursa (Etelä-Suomi)

The best play of the summer so far. Occasionally a bright belt play from north to west, at a height of 30 degrees in the northwest. At 23.45 the first night clouds appeared in the light sky high in the north 00.00 whole northern sky night clouds, altitude 8-45 degrees, belt display in the northwest direction, belts rise from the northeastern horizon, brightens 00.15 night clouds northwest northeast 4-30 degrees altitude belts, waves, vortex 00.30 northwest-northeast at an altitude of 4-30 degrees, belts, waves, the north view dims, northeast two sharp belts low 00.45 northwest northeast at an ...

Images: 8 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.30 - 03.30 - Porvoo, Sondby (IV)
Jorma Koski, Ursa (Helsinki)

The best night cloud play of the summer lasted four hours in the northern sky. more: https://www.ursa.fi/~koski/solarsys/nlc2018072526/index.html

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.47 - 03.03 - Lahti (V)
Kirsi Volanen

The clouds started to disperse a bit and what was revealed from behind, really stunning night cloud belts, I watched the situation for a moment and when it seemed like the sky was clearing I screwed the camera to the tripod and put it in a wider place. The long belts flared northeast and there were waves between the belts as well. These seem to be getting better night by night. For more than an hour I noticed and after that they started to fade.

Images: 3 pcs

26.7.2018 at 00.12 - 01.30 - Aura
Kari Saari

Luckily I came to glance out at home and then came in a hurry to the edge of the field with the camera to admire this awesome screen. Expanded and brightened really wonderfully. The screen continued even after I left home after 1.30.

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 00.15 - Hamina (V)
Bea Snellman

During the night swim, I noticed one dim but brightening pillar in the sky. When I set out to retrieve the camera with a view to checking for repos, several vertical pillars had appeared at regular intervals. Based on the camera, I would now put it as night clouds, but were in a completely different direction than the other light and illuminating night clouds in the sky. I’ve never seen anything like many simultaneous flashes lingering in the sky for a minute.

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - 02.30 - Seinäjoki (IV)
Anssi Kaunismäki

At the height of the Seinäjoki, the northern sky is still quite bright in the middle of the night. After midnight, white streaks began to appear in the sky, so I thought that illuminating night clouds might be visible at the darkest time. I packed the stuff in the car and set aside. At one time at night, the clouds were already quite clear. As the sky still darkened, they became clearer. The fog rising from the field crowned the splendor.

Images: 3 pcs

Clearly visible night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.10 - 01.11 - Lapua (III)
Antti Rinne, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

I went for a drink at night and peered out of the north-facing kitchen classic into the yard. Kappas but when there were comic night clouds in the sky. Lazy, so I didn't go to the yard but I just took a picture from the window with my mobile phone,

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.16 - Kirkkonummi (IV)
Katri Kuparinen

I read that the illuminating night clouds would now be visible, so when my husband and I went out with our dog after midnight, I thought let’s see how spectacular they would be if they took pictures. And after all, they were really bright this time and over a pretty wide area. Not every time have I been so bright when I photographed. This month I made my first observation of these and now this time it seems to be at least the sixth when I see them. Always just as great to watch.

Images: 2 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - 02.30 - Siilinjärvi (IV)

In Ireland they shouted that there were nights in the sky and there were. I followed the animation of the beaches in the sky then on the beach for over an hour. Flickering timelapse, rotating spherical panorama and other treats: https://pallopanoraama.blogspot.com/2018/07/valaisevat-yopilvet-peltomaisemassa.html

Images: 3 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.50 - Parikkala (V)
Taneli Poutvaara

After filming the ISS and the Moon, my attention was drawn an hour later to the night clouds, which had a visually interesting undulating stern general look.

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.22 - Simpele (V)
Tapio Pekkinen

Eye-catching night clouds! 170 degree field of view.

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - 01.30 - Koski Tl (V)
Mika Helin

On the way back from the night field fire gig, I stopped to grab a picture of the clouds

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.30 - 00.45 - Järvenpää (IV)
Toni Veikkolainen, Keski-Uudenmaan Altair

The night cloud observation picked up again. There was enough hype, but now none of these were exceptionally great, even though they were basic. Even ordinary clouds hampered visibility somewhat. The shadow of the earth significantly limited the height of the phenomenon less than an hour before the darkest moment of the night. All the shapes typical of night clouds were visible.

Images: 2 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 02.00 - 03.30 - Helsinki (V)
Vilhelmina Iho

As I walked to the window, I noticed spectacular illuminating night clouds covering the northern sky. Unfortunately, the SLR did this, so you have to settle for images that were raped with a cell phone camera. The brightness of the clouds is hardly different in these, but the structure is perceptible. The clouds covered the sky more widely than the images suggest, showing only the brightest parts. The dimmer image is taken first and can better distinguish that wave pattern. A great and spectacular phenomenon! :)

Images: 5 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 02.30 - 03.00 - Helsinki (V)
Aleksi Hämäläinen

Really wonderful and bright night clouds with Malmi Airport

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 01.00 - Ristiina (V)
Timo Pasonen

On the shore of Lake Saimaa, I photographed these wonderful night clouds from the pier.

Bright night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 02.00 - 03.00 - Lappeenranta (IV)
Terhi Törmälä

I noticed a night noise on Facebook’s Natural Phenomena and a tickle on the balcony to look at and there they already were. Really bright, even so bright that I got pictures on my cell phone. North and northwest skies. Shooting with the Samsung A8.

Images: 2 pcs

Eye-catching night shining clouds

26.7.2018 at 00.00 - 02.50 - Viitasaari (V)
Saara Tuohimetsä

After empty nights, there was more to watch than watching moths and bats. The observation started from Viitasaari, from where we stopped to capture a picture of the Hännilänsalmi bridgehead. Unfortunately, the drive of less than a hundred kils of the four-way road was to the south, which had to hang in the side window and splash pictures backwards. But no matter when it was funny, it was so warm Huju from the window (compared to the winter halo shots). However, the night clouds were still visible in Laukaa and even better. Really beautiful sky and quite long belts.

Images: 5 pcs

Bright night shining clouds

25.7.2018 at 23.38 - 02.05 - Helsinki, Viikinranta (IV)
Veikko Mäkelä, Ursa (Helsinki)

A spectacular, albeit sometimes cloudy, night cloud play. The first observation as early as 23.38, when the Sun is already at -7 degrees. The long sharp belts were already clearly visible from the northeast to the north. Snapshot on cell phone. By midnight, the play was already clearly distinguished. The play was at its widest. Night clouds extended quite sharply from the northeast over the zenith (110 °) to the southwest. Around the zenith, of course, the night clouds were dim. Until about 1 o'clock, the play was dominated by fairly bright sharp IIb belts, as well as a few vortex shapes i...

Images: 8 pcs

Search result contains observations from time period 0.0. klo 00.00 - 03.02.2023 klo 22.16.